Saturday, November 10, 2012

Back on the road

Eventually it was time to start the trip we have come for. Our first stop was Port Hedland another place I lived for a while and where we planned to revisit a couple more friends - My Greetings to Alice and Fan!. With limited time and a lot to see were soon enough on the move again, passing through one of Australia’s most desolated main roads – Highway 1 to Broome.

Go to my Album Go to my Album


Broome Bird Observatory

Here we had a chance to meet Martin, an interesting character as we find. He currently dedicates Go to my Album his Life to traveling the globe on his motorbike. It was him who with a bit of email contact persuaded us to cross into Vietnam.

Through his recommendation we spend a couple of days in the beautiful bird observatory, which turned out to be so much more than just a good camp spot. We made friends with a good few other campers comprising of some birdoes and joined them for a couple of memorable get-togethers including 2 days of mud collecting (it’s all for research).

This was also the spot where I first started to work on a programming project that Ashley had organized and we both hope will turn out into something we can make a living with in the future.

Go to my Album Go to my Album Go to my Album

No comments: