Monday, October 14, 2013

Long time no see.

First of all I really have to apologize for the unbearably long absence of new entries. So far this year has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. A lot has happened and life hasn’t always been easy. Consequentially my motivation to keep blogging had stagnated. However, this blog has also served me as a personal diary where I reflect on events, experiences and thoughts. For this reason and because this has been running for such a long time I thought it would be sad to just abandon it. So I have decided to catch up on previous events and restart writing.

Go to my Gallery


What happened so far?

Long story short: a lot. After my arrival in Germany I’ve spent some time with my family and moved on to stay at Laura’s home near Malaga in the south of Spain, where I met her lovely and most welcoming parent.

Staying here for a while was a bit of a breaking point, to some degree literally as Laura and I now go our separate ways. However, a lot of good things have happened. Our original plan was to go to Canada, but after Visa application delays and change in priorities it somehow fell through. With no dedicated target I had plenty of time on my hands. Consequentially new ideas came up and I began my re-entry into programming and started my first large project with Laura’s dad. A project that enforced an idea Ashley suggested to me a while ago, which was to open a business.

Future plans

I’m currently in Devon in the south of England where Ash and I are in the final steps of registering our company. The idea is that we both look out for projects whereby my focus will be set on software and web related work. This allows me to work independent of my physical location, which goes hand in hand with my sense of adventure and preference for warmer climates.

After all my travels, I had plenty of places to think of and thought what better spot would there be than Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand?
It’s one of those parts of the world I just fell in love with and where everything seems right and achievable: Starting from the Visa situation, moving on to things to do while living there, the welcoming attitude of the locals and the warm and friendly weather. Furthermore Thailand’s low living expenses will allow me to tinker away on my ideas until I find some that will provide me with a profitable income. All in all it sounds rather good and I’m looking forward to my arrival in beginning of December. Until then there are still things to do back here in Europe. Amongst which is a one month visit in Germany, where I want to spend some time with my family and catch up with friends.

Back in Time – Blog Entries

Way to much has been going on to write it all down in this one post. So coming up in the following weeks will be a few posts where I will go back in time and continue my story where I last left itWinke Winke

No comments: