Saturday, May 19, 2012

101 Tales

That’s right. As I announced earlier on Facebook I decided to start writing my Blog in English.

Why?

Well, it’s quite simple actually. I like sharing my adventures and my story. When I started my Blog in 2006 my main desire was to keep my family up to date and have a record of the time I spend there for myself. But having started to travel around the world I began meeting more people that were interested in my Blog but weren’t able to read German. Knowing that most of my earlier followers also have a good understanding of English made the decision fairly simple.

A brief history

For the newcomers: This is pretty much an English translation of my last entry:
Since I’ve started writing my Blog in 2006 my life has changed by quite a bit. I began posting when I left to Ireland to take part in the Erasmus exchange program. Having moved away home I found my first long term girlfriend. Together we moved to Dublin where I finished my degree in IT and got my first proper jobs.

Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery

However things were not meant to last which brought me to the decision to start traveling. Not having seen my own backyard yet, my first trips targeted a few destinations across Europe, where I got a bit of an insight into the whole backpacking culture. But then via Thailand I did my big move and arrived fairly naïve in Melbourne. My idea was to work in my profession in the major cities and live a normal life there. Being unable to find a good job in Melbourne, other and in my opinion much better things started to fall into place.

Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery

I bought my first car; a little campervan and started touring this big country. A country that now means a lot to me. During my time there I traveled 64.000KMs, crossed 5 climate zones, deserts, mountains and rivers, worked in jobs outside my previous spectrum. But I have met some of the most amazing people there, including friends that now mean a lot to me. It was also in Australia, where one year ago I met my current and beloved partner Laura.

Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery Go to my gallery

After much talking and thinking, in February a whole new adventure started: First as a trio with Ashley and till today with Laura, traveling South East Asia by Motorbike.

All in all a lot of events, that shaped my personality. How? I will tell you in a later post.

Current Events

Sadly I didn’t have the time to update my photos and couldn’t fit in all the events since my last update. But yes we have made it into Vietnam.
It was difficult but with a huge portion of luck we entered in the south of this amazing country and rode via Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and have now arrived in Buon Ma Thuot. Our plan is to continue along the mountain passes north till Ha Long and Hanoi. Coming up in my next post will be what we have seen so far and will see on the way.

No comments: